- havocados likes this
- tree-hugs likes this
- veganhooker likes this
- ibelieveingatsby answered: I make paninis with tapenade , spinach, artichoke hearts & tomatoes. They’re delicious. (:
- theveganabolitionist reblogged this from foodblogfood and added:
- quickerthanheaven answered: Tomato sauce, soy cheese, roasted eggplant, roasted red pepper. =)
- sonnynguyen likes this
- activehands answered: my faaavorite is tomato basil with a Vegan cheese, it’s so good!
- tawdryface answered: sprouts, vegan cheese, tomato, and pesto! sprouts with anything is pretty good.
- loveafare answered: Try spinach pesto, tomato, and avocado
- peregrinefalconwanders answered: sweetcorn, roasted eggplant cream, oven roasted tomatoes with soy sauce,lentil&garlic paté, creamed coconut&lime
- pumpkinqueen999 answered: Avocado or guacamole,mushrooms, pesto, bruchetta or tapenade, olives, vegenaise, tofurkey, vegan cheese, marinated tofu/tempeh,fried eggplant
- ascensionawareness answered: cucumbers!
- postmehome reblogged this from foodblogfood
- foodblogfood posted this
Thank you so much for all the reply’s!
Chocolate Orange Muffins with Toasted Almond Topping
- as featured in VIE Magazine (on both the website and in the magazine itself): http://www.viezine.com/vie/2012/10/made-with-love-holiday-recipes-from-around-the-world/
Suitable for vegetarians
Makes fifteen muffins
10 oz/250g/1.2 cups White self raising flour
2oz/50g/0.2 cups Cocoa powder
10oz/250g/1.2 cups White granulated sugar
3oz/75g/0.3 cups Salted butter
4 Free range eggs
1 tsp Almond essence
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground ginger
1 tsp Baking powder
1/3 tsp Nutmeg
The juice of an orange
The zest of half an orange
Toasted flaked almonds to taste
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Melt the butter in a saucepan, then place in a large mixing bowl with the sugar, eggs, almond essence, vanilla extract. With a zester or grater, add the zest of half an orange to the bowl. Then slice the orange in half and juice both halves. Add the juice to the bowl and stir in. Next add the cinnamon,ginger,nutmeg, cocoa powder and flour. Fold the mixture together. Grease a muffin pan and spoon the mixture in. Sprinkle each muffin with toasted flaked almonds. Bake in the oven until a skewer or knife, inserted into a muffin, comes out clean.
Serve with a hot mug of tea or coffee.
Recipe by: http://postmehome.tumblr.com/
Photography by: http://siobhanfeddenphotography.tumblr.com/
Almond and Apple and Cider cake!
A super tasty and sweet fruit cake that’s also really simple to cook. Sorry for the crappy webcam photo!
You will need:
- 330ml of cider
- 300g of plain flour
- 2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp of mixed spice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2tsp of nutmeg
- 150g of soft, dark brown sugar
- 150g of melted butter
- 4 apples, peeled and grated (plus all the juice that comes off)
- 2 large eggs
- 200g sultanas
- 50g of flaked almonds
- 50g of ground almonds
Put the oven on at 180C/350F/Gas 4.
Plum summer cake
450g wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
juice of 2 lemons
1-2 pounds plum (can be substituted with any fruit you like)
First of all, grease and flour a bigger baking tray and divide the eggs. Beat the egg whites until stiff. In a bowl, mix the butter, sugar, lemon juice and egg yolks together until it is creamy. Stir in flour and baking soda and lastly carefully add the stiff egg whites. Pour into prepared tray. Dust with cinnamon and place the plum slices on top. Bake at 170C for 40 minutes.
Recipe and photos by: http://peregrinefalconwanders.tumblr.com
Answers to answers to my question about frosting for my Peach Custard Bundt Cake…
- rightorder answered: I think that sounds delicious. You could always make an easy icing with some powdered sugar and vanilla, water or milk. Drizzle it on.
- missminifer answered: Would peach glace icing work?
- dannyandthebfg answered: Oh my god, don’t make me salivate I have no food nor any money.
- rexyrexaw answered: That sounds amazing. My gods…
- Thank you all for answering!! I love that you all don’t think cold custard is weird as a cake frosting! I personally love cold custard. If I don’t have the ingredients left for more homemade custard I like the idea of icing/powdered sugar & vanilla/milk.
Blackcurrant Fool Cake
2 tbsp plain yogurt
4 tbsp blackcurrant fool
½ tsp baking powder
zest of one lemon
Heat the oven to 180C. Cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs. Stir in the lemon zest. Stir in the yogurt and blackcurrant fool. Fold in the flour and baking powder. Grease a bundt pan or two round cake tins and pour the mixture in. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then turn out onto a plate. Leave to cool completely. If using two round tins, sandwich the two layers together with blackcurrant fool or blackcurrant jam and/or whipped cream and top with blackcurrant fool or blackcurrant jam and/or whipped cream. If using a bundt pan, drizzle with blackcurrant fool.
Note: It comes out a gorgeous purple colour so I really want to try making it again with lavender in it.
Recipe by: http://postmehome.tumblr.com/
Egg-less Chocolate Cookie Dough Brownie Biscuits
These biscuits are adapted from a Brownie Roll-Out Cookie Recipe. However I have named these adaptations ‘Egg-less Chocolate Cookie Dough Brownie Biscuits’ becauseI was just planning on following the recipe to the dot until I realized I didn’t have any eggs. So they are egg-less. Because of this it meant the dough tastes amazing and can be eaten raw as cookie dough without the danger of eating raw egg. So I figured I could bake them until the edges are firm but the center is still yummy & cookie doughy. I took them to a meet up with friends and everyone complimented them and were surprised when I told them they didn’t contain eggs.
Egg-less Chocolate Cookie Dough Brownie Biscuits Recipe:
- 1 lb, 8oz self raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tbsp mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 oz butter
- 12 oz sugar
- 1 tbsp apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz unsweetened cocoa
Preheat oven to 180C. In a bowl mix flour, salt, cocoa,mixed spice,sugar and baking powder in bowl and set aside. Melt butter and mix with apple sauce and vanilla. Gradually add to flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Wrap in cling film and chill for at least one hour.
Roll out cookie dough on floured counter. Cut into desired shapes, brushing extra deposits of flour off the top. (It does disappear once baked, though, so don’t overly fret if they go into the oven looking white.) Bake on a greaseproof paper lined baking tray for 8 to 11 minutes until the edges are just firm and the centers are still raw (cookie dough). Serve warm with ice cream.
Recipe adapted from: http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/04/brownie-roll-out-cookies/
Adapted by: http://postmehome.tumblr.com/
Hungarian Veal Stew – Borjúpörkölt
This is a thick, rich, spicy and easy-to-make stew. (serves 4)
- 3-4 tbsp oil or lard
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1,5 or 2 pounds veal shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp paprika
- ½ cup red wine (optional)
- salt and pepper
Heat the oil or lard in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, fry gently until onion is golden. Add the veal and cook until the meat is browned. Draw the saucepan to an unheated stove plate and sprinkle on the paprika, salt and pepper and stir. (if you add paprika whilst the saucepan is on the heated stove plate, the paprika might get a bittersweet flavor and it’ll ruin the whole dish). Reduce the heat to medium low, add red wine and water to cover the meat. Partially cover the saucepan and simmer until the meat is tender (about 45 minutes). Sometimes you must check it and if needed add some water. Serve with dumplings, noodles or rice.
Recipe & post by: http://peregrinefalconwanders.tumblr.com
350g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
200g light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 – 4 tbsp golden syrup
50g dark chocolate chips (optional)
25g flaked almonds (optional)
as many sprinkles as you have in the house (we used shiny sprinkles, fairy sprinkles, hundreds and thousands, sugar strands, orange bobble sprinkles, yellow bobble sprinkles, chocolate sugar strands, chocolate ball sprinkles & orange & lemon sugar decorations.)
Preheat the oven to 180C. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sprinkles, flaked almonds chocolate chips and salt. In a saucepan, melt together the butter, sugar & golden syrup. In another bowl, combine the butter mix and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in the flour mixture and then the eggs. Mold into cookie shapes and bake on a greased tray for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Photographs by:
I visited Looe Food Festival on Saturday. It was lovely, though very small. There was a guy who cooked with and sold seaweed he foraged himself. I took a few photographs of the festival.
Post by: http://postmehome.tumblr.com/